Traveller's Trophy Rules
Scoring of the 2006 Traveller’s Trophy.
(Based on published minutes from the ACM in
Dunmore East, September l8th 2005.)
1. The Traveller’s Trophy Series for 2006 (and all future seasons unless changed by discussion and majority vote at the AGM) shall consist of the programmed regional regattas and the Nationals alone.
2. The programmed regional regattas are the Leinsters, the Ulsters (also known as the Northern Championships), the Munsters and the Open Championships.
3. Low-point scoring shall apply to all events in the Traveller’s Trophy; (1st = 1pt, 2nd = 2pts, i.e. a boat’s place shall equal her finishing place unless she is scored DNF, DNC etc when her score is computed on the basis of the total entry.).
4. The place achieved in the Nationals regatta shall not be weighted in any way and shall be scored in the same way as the place in any of the regional regattas.
5. A single discard shall apply ONLY after FOUR events have been sailed.
6. Visiting Fireballs that contest Irish Fireball regattas but are not members of the Irish Class Association shall be scored in accordance with the rules proposed here. However, they shall not be eligible for (Irish) Class Trophies nor shall they be eligible for selection to international Fireball events on the basis of their participation in our events. Irish boats finishing behind visiting Fireballs shall not have their scores adjusted by the removal of the visiting boats from the Traveller’s Trophy scoring.
7. Where attendance at either the 'Fireball European Championship' or 'Fireball World Championship' prevents a boat from sailing either the regional or the National regattas, average points shall be awarded to the boats concerned, in accordance with the ISAF RRS. The award of average points shall be timed to allow a candidate to contest the nomination for the ISA’s Helmsman’s Championship and the conclusion of the Traveller’s Trophy. Average points may only be applied to a MAXIMUM of one event.
8. By participating in a race conducted under these rules, each competitor and boat owner agrees
a. to be governed by the rules
b. the decision of the committee is final in any dispute
c. not to resort to any court or other tribunal outside of Fireball Ireland.